Friday, October 23, 2009

Small Business Accounting

Accounting is supposedly my strength... after all, I have the advanced degree for it. But boy how it is so different for a small business. As I was trying to find a good software out there, I found QuickBooks was one that actually had a free online trial. I tried to do some journal entries and was able to yield a profit and loss statement. It made sense but I did struggle a little! It's amazing that after 2 kids and a couple of years of not working had made an impact on my brain! It's definitely shrinking .. ha!

I am excited though to see what QuickBooks has to offer. I am a bit hesitate to buy the software yet since this is the first accounting product that I tried. Otherwise, I have to resort to my beloved Microsoft Excel - which has been my lifeline all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beyond. Beautiful. Extraordinary.